Emergency Change to Appointments
To reduce your chances of catching COVID-19, and to keep the practice staff able to work, all appointments will be carried out over the phone, as a video consultation or through Engage Consult unless you are told to come into the practice. This will help minimise risk while continuing to ensure people get the care and advice they need.
It is vital that we minimise any attendances at the practice for the safety of our patients and in order to maintain enough staff to operate.
Therefore prescriptions will all be sent electronically to your chosen pharmacy or where no choice has been made, prescriptions will be sent to Knight's Pharmacy, Market Street (opposite our building) for collection.
Unless you have been told by a Doctor to attend the practice do not come to our building - the vast majority of work can now be successfully done by telephone or online.
Warning re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
If you think you may be affected DO NOT ATTEND the Surgery.
Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
These 4 reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
Symptoms and what to do
Do not leave your home if you have either:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Use the 111 coronavirus service
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Welcome to Churchfields Surgery
The Doctors and Staff at Churchfields Surgery in Bromsgrove are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
Our reputation as a friendly and accessible practice for patients both young and old has been earned over many years.
Within our partnership we have excellent general practitioners whom also have specialist interests that include: cardiology, diabetes, dermatology, ear, nose and throat medicine, minor surgery, occupational medicine, orthopaedics including injections, palliative care, respiratory problems and women’s health.
A wide range of NHS and private health checks, clinics and appointments are therefore available. We are a proactive training practice and also participate in research. Please contact the practice for more details.
Rated by CQC as good in every area March 2018
(Site updated 31/03/2020)